August 11, 2011

The 21 Day Challenge

I am over-the-moon for the What I Wore Wednesday, Steppin' Out Saturday, and Real Momma. Real Style link up parties.  As a "play" at-home-mom to a couple of boys, I had no real reason to get dressed every day.  So I thought.  Now that I've been participating in the link up parties, I make it a point to get out of my sweatpants and make an effort to look nice most days.  I've noticed my attitude completely changes on the days I put something on that makes me feel pretty and smear on some lip gloss.  

I like myself more.  
My kids seem to like me more.  
The man-of-the-house definitely likes me more on those days.

As you can imagine, I was thrilled when I came across Kayla from Freckles in April and her upcoming 21 Day Challenge.  

21 Day Challenge


Every day for 21 days, Kayla is going to post a "prompt" to give participants of the challenge a little guidance when choosing their outfit for the day.  Participants receive a contest entry for each outfit photo they post to the challenge Flickr group.  There are lots of fun ways to earn additional entries, too.  At the end of the challenge, names will be drawn and the lucky winners will receive something fabulous from the wonderful businesses who are sponsoring the challenge.  At this point sponsors are still being added, so head over to Freckles in April to get the latest low-down on the sponsors and prizes.

I'm SO looking forward to the 21 Day Challenge.  I believe it's going to push me to step-up my game when it comes to being creative when putting together my link up party outfits.  So far, everyone who is involved with the link up parties has been beyond encouraging and it makes me feel good to be a part of the love, and I know this challenge is going to be just as awesome.  I'm excited to share what I learn with you...my successes and my fails.  If you decide to join the fun, please let me know so I can follow along and cheer you on!

2 comments:

  1. Have fun! Can't wait to follow along and see exactly what you are talking about ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I don't even really know what I'm talking about...What I DO know is that the first "prompt" or "clue" will be given tomorrow and I'll have to come up with an outfit based on the prompt. Wish me luck. =/

    ReplyDelete