February 18, 2011

Etsy Love: Replicca


I am head-over-heels in love with the Etsy shop featured in this post.  When I first discovered Etsy.com I used it mostly for browsing & time-wasting purposes, only making occasional small purchases.  One of the first shops I was immediately drawn to was Replicca, a shop offering cozy-yet-stylish-looking clothes.

The first item that caught my eye was this short-sleeved cowl neck top:

{photo courtesy of Replicca}

Then I read the item listing about how the exaggerated cowl is convenient for breastfeeding moms.
 
{photo courtesy of Replicca}
See?

Although by this time, I was through with breastfeeding my youngest child, I couldn't help but admire how a "Mom" top could possibly look so stylish. I imagined it being the coziest thing I'd ever own.

I loved it.

I had to have it.

I bought it.

The shipping from Canada was super-quick, and I had this hot little cowl neck top in my hands in no time.  The fabric is so soft.  The cowl neck is comfy, probably more so than my favorite sweatpants.  I was a little worried that I should have ordered a size larger since I have a post-baby belly and stretchy, body hugging clothes aren't too forgiving on me lately.  But even though the fabric is stretchy, it is unusually sturdy.  I would say the way it sucks in my mid-section and tucks in the muffin top, it looks like I'm wearing Spanx, only I'm not uncomfortable, sweaty, and constricted.  The quality is exceptional.  The seams are serged and not a stitch out of place.

I l.o.v.e. this top.  And you know what else is awesome?  It is also available with long sleeves, and now in other colors!  I'm loving the purple one:


{photo courtesy of Replicca}

This snakeprint tunic is on my wishlist:

{photo courtesy of Replicca}

I think my downtown-Seattle-bartender younger brother would enjoy the navy & gray man hoodie:

{photo courtesy of Replicca}

All the drool-worthy cozies you'll find in this shop aside, what makes Replicca extra special to me is the story behind the shop.  The Etsy blog, The Storque, wrote up a great feature article on the shop owner, Rebecca.  Her "I quit my day job" story is inspiring to me, especially when she says, "My life feels legitimate now. I'm living as ME, every single day," about following her dream.  *Sigh*...How cool is that?!  Exactly the kind of shop I want to support.

So check out Replicca on Etsy.com, "like" Replicca on Facebook, and be sure to check back with the shop often.  New colors and styles are added frequently!

Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment