November 30, 2010

Etsy Shop Transition and a Photography Partnership

Due to the wonderful support the Etsy shop has received the last ten months, I'm transitioning the shop into being exclusively custom orders!  Custom orders are my favorite items to work on, since I'm able to work one-on-one with the customer to create a one-of-a-kind piece that is special to them.  Another reason for the transition is that my inventory of dresses, hoodies and everything else is taking over the closet space in my boys' room!  Right now in the Etsy shop, nearly everything in my inventory is marked down as low as possible.  You can find the sale section on the left hand side when visiting my shop.

To go with the rest of the LilyBaby revamping project, I've also decided to use professional photos exclusively.  I subscribe to the Etsy sucess e-mails, and I read the blogs.  They're always stressing the importance of using quality pictures to show off the items you sell.  I may be able to sew, but I'm lacking in the photography skills department.  I've used Collet photography in the past, which is where those awesome pictures of my ties come from.  Love them!  And recently, I've partnered with Andrea Turner photography to get some great pictures of my clothing items on little models.  Here's a preview:
I just love her style, don't you?!  And an added bonus is that she conveniently has a little model of her very own on hand!  You'll be seeing lots more of the adorable model "A" in the future.  You can also find Andrea Turner Photography on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment