August 18, 2011

21 Day Challenge: Day Four

**Learn more about the 21 Day Challenge by clicking on its orange button on the side bar.**

Today is day four of the 21 Day Challenge hosted by Kayla at Freckles in April.  After a rocky day yesterday with pattern mixing, I think I'm back in the game today with "Color Blocking".  Although I don't really know the definition or rules of color blocking, I've seen a lot of it what I think is color blocking while perusing Pinterest lately.  What I've seen is at least two solid colors used in an outfit.  There's usually no print in the outfit.  Just large amounts of in-your-face color.  
And I like it.

I wouldn't say my outfit was a perfect example of color blocking.  It may have been better if I'd had a solid color pant or skirt.  But everything I own is jean or print!  I worked with what I had.



I wouldn't normally pair the yellow with the aqua, or the aqua with the red, for that matter.  But I really liked this outfit!  I can get away with cardigans in the dead of summer when living in the Pacific Northwest.  On a normal day I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but on color blocking day it's awesome.

Oh, and did you notice I tucked in today?  I'm proud of myelf.  Ha!

4 comments:

  1. I do like the yellow and aqua together! And your flower pin really pulls in the red shoes. I'd say this is a darn good example of color blocking, Jamie! And tucking in to boot - you go, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your color blocking! The flower is PERFECT for tying into the cardi and the shoes! :)

    I'm so jealous that you can wear yellow (I definitely *cannot*)... yellow and aqua look so perfect together. Sighhhh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice choice of bold colors!! And so summery...I may have to steal this idea!

    ReplyDelete