June 29, 2011

What I Wore Wednesday #1

This kind of post is totally new to me. 
Posting pictures of myself to show the world what I'm wearing?!  I know. 
Me?!  The trendy wannabe who never quite gets it right...I know.

But, my goal for this little blog of mine is to help people relate to me instead of always just posting about the newest listing in my Etsy shop.  Also, I'm a work-from-home-mom of two little boys without a vehicle for the summer (WHAT?!  Crazy.  I know.) and need some motivation to get out of my yoga pants and put on a little makeup form time to time.

So here goes nothing...

{photo taken by my four-year-old.  way to go, Mason!}

Poppy hair clip ~ Blumes Blooms on Etsy.com
Cardigan ~ Old Navy
Dress ~ Made by me from thrifted vintage cotton!!
Belt ~ Papaya
Cowgirl boots ~ an animal feed store in eastern Washington.  Funny story...

...The man-of-the-house and I were on our way to a fundraiser-benefit-auction-dinner-thing four hours away from home.  About 3.5 hours into the trip, I realized the only shoes I packed were the ones on my feet...a pair of old, dirty, probably smelly, moccasins that I like to wear on road trips because they're so comfy. 

I panicked. 

Then in the small town of the benefit auction, we spotted a T.J. Maxx and a Payless shoes right next to eachother in a strip mall.  To my dismay, they were both closed.

I panicked again.

It dawned on me that I could probably pull off a pair of cowgirl boots with the outfit I had planned to wear that night.  It would be gutsy, but I thought I could do it, and really I had no other choice besides the moccasins.  So we found a family-owned animal feed store in town that was still open and I bought these boots just in time for the auction! 

And I love them!

Here's a close-up of the awesome thrifted vintage cotton dress and the poppy hair clip:



Linking up to:

pleated poppy

and


2 comments:

  1. your dress is darling...and hello Mason is a budding photographer! I don't know many 4 year olds that could take a picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! We did get one decent picture after about 100 pictures of my feet, the grass, bugs... =)

    ReplyDelete